Musical Instruments

Monday, November 20, 2006

My next steps...

So...

This is my first post to my blog. I've been gathering information for the last couple of days about how to properly prepare my demo for music publishers. It's such a head trip. I've read all kinds of articles about how music publishers and music supervisors are bombarded with requests from songwriters and composers. I definitely wouldn't want to upset the ones who can make or break my career. I want to do this right the first time.

I read an article about Jonathan Wolff, Seinfeld TV composer. It's a really good article about how he got into the business and how he ended up with the Seinfeld gig. I love the Seinfeld theme, and he talks about how he wanted to create something that wouldn't overpower Jerry's monologue.

Speaking of Seinfeld, what is up with Michael Richards (AKA. Kramer)? Kramer would never go on a racial tirade like that. Now whenever I watch an episode of Seinfeld, I will have to separate the character from the actor. It's sad thing to let yourself become a hasbeen.

No comments: